These Terms and Conditions are the Lottery Rules. By entering the lottery, members agree to be bound by these rules.
1. This lottery is being promoted by and on behalf of Hospice of St Mary of Furness. All profits from the lottery go towards funding St. Mary’s Hospice Services, which helps to support people with life-limiting conditions and their families at no cost.
2. For the purpose of the Gambling Act 2005, this lottery is defined as a large 'Society Lottery.'
3. Hospice of St Mary of Furness is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 5209.
4. To enter the lottery, you must be a UK resident aged 18 (eighteen) or over. The lottery has a statutory duty to verify that members and potential members have reached the age of 18. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 to participate in a lottery.
5. There will be 31 weekly prizes plus an additional rollover could be won starting at £200 peaking at £10,000 where a winner will be guaranteed.
- 1st - £1,000
- 2nd - £200 rollover
- 3rd - £100
- 4th - £50 x3
- 5th - £20 x5
- 6th - 5 prize entries x20
Additional prizes could be offered from time to time.
6. New members will be sent a unique randomly selected draw number created by approved secure computer software, and a personal membership number.
7. All tickets shall be priced at £1 and subscriptions are payable in advance.
8. The draw will take place weekly on a Friday.
9. All lottery entry sales are final and no refunds shall be made at any time. All members acknowledge that their payment of £1 per ticket to enter the lottery does not guarantee that they will win any prize.
10. The draw for the prizes will be made at our lottery management company’s premises. You do not need to be present at the draw to win the lottery.
11. Winners will be notified by post or email within one week of the date of the Draw. Payment of prizes will be made via direct electronic credit to the player via BACs payment, wherever possible. If you have entered by cheque, card or standing order, prizes will be made by cheque.
12. Full payment for each ticket must be received in cleared funds before the ticket can be entered into the draw. Only tickets for which full payment has been received either in cleared funds are eligible to win the prize.
13. Weekly winning numbers are published on our website.
14. All members are solely responsible for providing St. Mary’s Hospice with their accurate and up-to-date contact details and they will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to contact a member due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that the member has provided. In the event that a member changes their contact details, they will be solely responsible for advising St. Mary’s Hospice of the change.
15. Each game number is unique. A randomly selected game number will be issued with the confirmation of entry. Any member may subsequently request an alternative random game number if they wish at any time. We are not able to accommodate requests for specific game numbers.
16. Any unclaimed prizes will be treated as a donation and re-credited to the St. Mary’s Hospice after a period of six months has elapsed.
17. The maximum number of entries an individual will be permitted to purchase in any one draw is 20.
18. Lottery membership can be cancelled at any time by notifying St. Mary’s Hospice in writing, by phone or via e-mail. Although those received after 5pm on a Thursday will not be actioned until after the weekly draw.
19. Where members cancel in credit, we will, if requested refund your full entitlement at the time of cancellation. St. Mary’s Hospice shall not be liable to the member for any loss or damage suffered or arising from: -
- a. Any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by St. Mary’s Hospice or the member from time to time.
- b. Any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by Sterling Management for the administration of the lottery.
- c. Any delays or failures in the Banking system used by Sterling Management, St. Mary’s Hospice or the member.
- d. Any refusal by St. Mary’s Hospice to accept registration of an individual as a member or the cancellation of a member.
- e. Any failure to enter a chance into the draw.
- f. any event beyond the reasonable control of St. Mary’s Hospice
20. Nothing within these terms and conditions shall create or should be construed as creating any form of contract between any member and St. Mary’s Hospice
21. Any complaints relating to the lottery should be sent in writing to St. Mary’s Hospice giving full details of the complaint and supporting documentation.
22. St. Mary’s Hospice is committed to protecting the member’s privacy. Data that is collected from the member is used lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and is used solely for the purpose of processing lottery chances, subsequent entry into the lottery draw, and informing winners that they have won a prize.
23. Any member has the right to access the information held about them. To obtain this information, please contact St. Mary’s Hospice in writing.
24. St. Mary’s Hospice will not sell, rent or grant access of any personal data to any third party without prior permission. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, the decision of St. Mary’s Hospice shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
25. St. Mary’s Hospice reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. If St. Mary’s Hospice does this, it will publish the amended rules.
26. St. Mary’s Hospice reserves the right to disqualify any member if it has reasonable grounds to believe the member has breached any of these rules.
27. The Staff member responsible for the promotion of the lottery is Val Stangoe
28. Each member should retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for their reference.
29. This lottery is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly. An instruction to be self-excluded, as defined in the Gambling Act 2005, from the lottery may be submitted in writing or contact our Helpline 0370 085 8836. Customers who wish to re-join the lottery will not be able to do so for a period of 6 months from the date of exclusion.
30. A copy of these rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to St. Mary’s Hospice at the address above.
31. St. Mary’s Hospice Lottery is a member of the Hospice Lottery Association, which on behalf of its members makes a financial contribution towards the Responsible Gambling Trust.
32. All complaints and disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our complaints policy. A copy of which is available on enquiry.
33. The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these Terms and Conditions and St. Mary’s Hospice and all members hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
34. St. Mary’s Lottery reserves the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions without notice.
36. All member funds for use in future lottery entries paid to the Lottery are held in trustee status to maintain a separation from St. Mary’s Hospice’s own trading income to protect those funds in the event of insolvency. This meets the Gambling Commission’s requirement for the segregation of member funds at the level: Medium Protection (https://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/public-and-players/guide/page/if-your-money-has-medium-protection)
1. Online Vouchers can only be purchased using a Debit Card (no Credit cards will be accepted). The purchaser explicitly agrees to provide their personal debit card details to complete the purchase of an Online Voucher.
2. Purchasers of Online Vouchers will be required to select the number of lottery entries to purchase and the number of draws into which the lottery entries will be entered at the time of purchase. Due to payment processing costs, the minimum value for the purchase of an online voucher is £13 (this will buy a quarterly subscription or 13 draws). It is possible to purchase an amount up to a maximum value of £75
3. Online vouchers have a validity period of 12 months from date of purchase; if not redeemed within 12 months, the Online Voucher will be gratefully accepted as a donation to St. Mary’s Hospice.
4. The validity of online vouchers may not be extended.
5. No cash alternatives or refunds will be granted for Online Voucher purchases.
6. Online Vouchers are issued in the form of system-generated alpha-numeric codes displayed on screen with an option to print and/or email to the purchaser or receiver of the Online Voucher. Online Vouchers can only be redeemed through our lottery webpage: https://stmaryshospice.charitypayments.co.uk/redeemVoucher Self-excluded individuals are not permitted to redeem online voucher codes.
7. To redeem a voucher, you will be required to provide your personal information including your date of birth, title, first name & last name, email address, and address including postcode.
8. By redeeming an Online Voucher, a player agrees to receive communications regarding their lottery entry/entries.
9. By redeeming an Online Voucher, you agree to be bound by these Lottery Rules as amended from time to time.
St Mary’s Hospice – Registered Charity No. 517738Licensed by the Gambling Commission:www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk